Friday, May 10, 2013

What do you eat when you "go Paleo?"

I realized this morning that I've done some reflecting on the "can'ts" of the Paleo diet. I'm never going to make it 30 days if I continue to think this way.  I scoured the inter-webs to find you some information I believe might be helpful in explaining what I can and do eat.

The best way to describe how I'm eating is this: wheat/grain-free, dairy free and sugar free. So, again, what DO I get to eat??  I eat lots of great foods.  My breakfast is either a smoothie with chia seeds,  coconut milk, chocolate protein powder (pea based protein) and mixed berries OR eggs scrambled with ghee and bacon - I'm hardly suffering.

For lunch, I have leftovers from dinner the night before or this wonderful pot of happiness known as "Mighty Mitochondria Miracle Vat of Soup".

Dinners are a meat and two veggie sides.  Some examples of sides are kale and sweet potatoes or snap peas and mixed greens salad, etc.  My favorite sides are grilled eggplant and the tomato cucumber salad.

With the 30 Day Paleo Challenge, I get a shopping list and dinner menus for the entire 30 day challenge.  Plus suggestions on breakfast and lunch items as well.  The Dinner Diva tries to steer us away from snacks, but realizes that sometimes you just need one, so she gives paleo friendly snack ideas as well.

If you'd rather mix and match and make your own "Paleo Challenge", here are some resources that I believe can help you do just that.  Please share any other ideas you have in the comments below.  Happy Friday!

Low-Carb Fruit: Lists of the Best and Worst

Robb Wolf's Paleo Food Matrix

The Dinner Diva, "Paleo Schmaleo"

No comments:

Post a Comment