Thursday, May 16, 2013

ALERT: This post could be full of randomness

I'm going to start this post by sharing something I read from blogger and doctor, Lissa Rankin, MD....
Darling, you have arrived. You have nothing left to prove. You are inherently valuable, not because of how much you've achieved, but simply because you have within you a spark of divinity that makes you essentially valuable. Just look at any baby and you'll see the inherent worth within every human being. You don't have to earn that value because you just ARE. 
Stop pushing. Stop striving. Stop trying to impress anybody. Stop being so spermy and just trust that you are enough, just as you are. Give up trying to be perfect because you're guaranteed to fail, and remember that your imperfections are the gateway to intimacy with others who can relate to your vulnerabilities. Stop trying to get "there" and just savor being HERE. You are enough. You have arrived. 
Take a deep breath and drink that in.
Me again...those words are like healing balm to my soul. I'm not struggling with anything, to the contrary, I'm having a great day.  But sometimes I think everyone needs to hear these words.  (Steps off soapbox)

I'm on Day 10 of my challenge, and feel like I've hit my stride.  I even volunteered to go get pizza to celebrate someone's birthday today and was satisfied just to smell its aroma permeating my car.  When, I got to work, I ate some of the veggies from the veggie tray someone brought and I'm now enjoying my tuna steak and veggie mix that consists of onions, summer squash, celery and roma tomatoes slow simmered in coconut oil and water.  Amazingly good - although I think I'll purchase fresh tuna steaks next time. I could tell the difference between the frozen version and the fresh bought.

Which leads me to another point - my palette is changing and expanding.  Everyone asks me, "don't you miss this or that food?" Sometimes I answer yes, but more often than not, I answer "no, not really."  And that is so surprisingly freeing.  Take the time to explore food - really, you'll be surprised to discover what you like and what you'll come to like.

With all the stresses of life (especially with a daughter that graduates at the end of the month), its wonderful to know that I no longer have to stress over the following ailments: Joint Pain, Chronic Sinusitis and Seasonal Allergies, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Constipation, Anxiety and Depression.  

I'm curious, have you had the same/similar results when you changed your diet?  What changes did you make? Sound off in the comments and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment