Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week 4 - The Homestretch

I'm now on Week 4 of the 30 Day Paleo Challenge - and while I had a oopsy this past weekend, I still feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

I'm convinced that wheat/grains most likely won't make it back into my diet. They cause too much trouble for my healing gut.  Maybe I'll reintroduce them in another 3-4 months, but not now.  Some fruits will stay out as well. I'm not totally sure which ones, except for bananas.  I ate one last night and within a short period of time, I was suffering from oscillating bouts of acid reflux and sinus congestion.  It was weird. Also, unless I find some quality unprocessed, full fat dairy - that will be out as well. It causes inflammation and reflux (of all things) and I'm quite happy with my almond and coconut milks.   Sugar will be something I do try to reincorporate, but not on the same level as before.  No more processed sugar treats - only homemade.  And definitely no more soy, there's no need for it in my life and especially not in my body.  Most soy is GMO and highly processed, something that I swore off long before I started this challenge.

I'm thankful that I didn't have any official Memorial Day weekend plans. I was able to eat what I wanted and not be concerned that there was something hidden that wasn't Paleo.  The biggest problem I'm having right now is boredom.  The dinners I'm preparing don't seem as flavorful or exciting as the ones I made during the first weeks of the challenge.  Amazon has several free Paleo recipe books available for the Kindle nearly every day, so I am dipping into those now so that I don't feel like giving up for the last leg of the challenge.

What challenges do you face in the first month of a new lifestyle change?

No comments:

Post a Comment