Monday, May 6, 2013

First day of 30 Day Paleo Challenge


I'm not sure where to start, and I hate when journals start off like this, but I digress.  I can't say that I'm looking forward to kicking my sugar habit, but I also know that it's got a grip on me tighter than the iron fist of Communism.

Thankfully I have my 30 Day Paleo buddies on FB if I need them.  I guess I wish my family would join me so that I wouldn't have to make them things I can't eat.  Oh well, I suppose that's part of the process.  And, I know I wouldn't want something forced on me if I wasn't ready to make the change.  

I am really stressed right now, so I think I'll take an anti-anxiety pill and see if that helps calm me down. If not, I'll take a quick walk outside.  I have a lot to do today and I'd really rather stay home and sleep - I'm sure that isn't a great coping mechanism, but it's where I'm at.  There's a chance that I'll update this throughout the day as needed.

4 comments:

  1. I am so with you all all of it.
    My hubby and kids are NOT doing Paleo with me, and that's okay. The hubbs gets his fix during the day at work. As for my kids, I just make sure I offer them a full array of different foods, and they get what they need :-)

    Just breathe. You CAN do this. The FB group is so amazing, and I am so happy to be a part of it!

    So glad to read your blog! You are welcome to visit mine as well:

    SuperMomLosingIt.blogspot.com

    See ya on Facebook!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there - thanks for stopping by! So far, day is going well. Almond butter was a lifesaver; that and plenty of water. Anyway, welcome to the blog, glad to have ya :-)

      Delete
  2. You can do this, with or without your family. My husband is on board with eating Paleo for dinners and adding lots more veggies. I guess I'm fortunate that although I'm an at-home mom, there's no expectation of a recipe-level home-cooked meal every night. We average cooking 2-3 days a week, plus weekends. If he feels he needs rice or a potato added, he's more than capable of putting that together himself.

    The kids, well, they'll continue to eat what the always eat ... including few or no vegetables. They're of an age where I can be an example but forcing it isn't gonna work. My goal through this is to be a BETTER example.

    Make that your goal where your family is concerned, just to be a better example. And I hear ya where sugar is concerned. That, and foregoing my friend, CHEESE, will be my big struggles.

    That said, tell your negative voice to go take a hike! (Borrowed from Flylady's virtual trainer, Jonathan Roche.)
    - See ya on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100% on leading by example - I've always tried to do that. I've had a conversation with my family about how important this is to me, and as you'll see from today's post, they were hesitant. But, they were pleasantly surprised at how good the recipes were, we're even adding the Moroccan Chicken to our normal menu rotation. And yes, I definitely need to work on getting my spoiled rotten inner child to hush up already LOL.

      Thanks for checking out the blog :)

      Delete