Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chock Full of Knowledge...and gratitude

Over the last couple of days, I've been reading like a mad woman. I bought "Practical Paleo" by Diane Sanfillippo, "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf, "Everyday Paleo" by Sarah Fragroso, and many other free Kindle eBooks on the Paleo lifestyle.  The most astounding thing I'm finding is that all of them have the same dietary philosophy that I do.  Eat whole foods, eliminate processed foods and listen to your body.

I've learned all kinds of things about how our body works and how it processes and digests food.  So much so, that my head is spinning. I can't tell if I've just read books on nutrition or evolutionary anthropology. I suppose its a mixture of both.  One thing is clear, conventional wisdom as it relates to our diet is about as wise as sticking your finger in a light socket.   

I am on day 23 of the 30 Day Paleo challenge, and I'm still tweaking the way I eat in order continue the healing my gut so desperately needs.  I wasn't looking forward to this week's menu - quite honestly, it seemed a bit boring.  I've heard this is something very common in the homestretch of such challenges.  I made Indian Beef Kebabs last night - which were very tasty.  Quite the pleasant surprise.  Also made cauli-rice, which if your're not familiar with it, is essentially cutting up a head of cauliflower, running through your food processor until it resembles rice and then steaming to cook it.  I loved it, but the rest of my family said they'd much rather just eat plain cauliflower.  It's still a win considering that no one in my family would touch cauliflower, or butternut squash, or kale before this challenge began.  Now they're asking to continue the Paleo lifestyle.   Below are pictures I took from last night's dinner:

cauli-rice.jpgbutter_lettuce_salad.jpgIndian_beef_kebabs.jpg

Not bad, right?  And super easy to make!  This is just a sampling of the wonderful meals you'll eat in the Saving Dinner 30 Day Paleo Challenge.  It's not too late - jump in right where you are.  We have several people who just started this week.

What kinds of things have you learned since starting your new Paleo lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment