Friday, May 17, 2013

Recipe Roundup Friday

Happy Friday!

This was a very long week for a number of reasons, and I'm glad that the work week is finally ending.  Makes me long for the days when  my kiddos were still little and we could take off for the park anytime we wanted to. Being a cubicle jockey is no fun- even if I love my job.

I'm eating some amazing food during this challenge, many of which I would've never tried until now.  I'm so glad I did; as I've mentioned before in previous posts, I feel like I've turned a corner and many of these changes will be permanent. I mean, really, who feels this amazing and then goes back to feeling terrible?

Today I'd like to share some photos and recipes of some of the wonderful food I'm eating while on the 30 Day challenge. If you're keeping track, I'm on Day 11 - almost halfway - (insert appropriate mixed emotions here).  I'm in what is known in Whole30 circles as Tiger Blood phase. I feel great, have tons of energy and occasionally have dreams about treats I could care less about when I'm awake.  It's a great feeling and wanted to share it with you because if any of you are struggling, I want to show you that it will pass!

Grilled Eggplant
Serves 4

1-2 Eggplant 
Homemade vinaigrette

Homemade Vinaigrette
3 Tbs:1 Tbs Olive oil: Balsamic Vinegar
1 clove of garlic, pressed
2-3 shakes (or about 1 Tbs.) Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash 

Preheat grill (or in my case, George Foreman grill). Combine ingredients for homemade vinaigrette.  Slice eggplant and brush with vinaigrette. Place on grill for about 10 minutes if using GF grill, 15-20 if using a conventional grill.  Bon Appetit!



Wheat and Dairy Free Crustless Quiche
Serves 6-8

6 eggs
2 1/2 cups Nutritional Yeast
2 cups fresh spinach
Coconut Oil (enough to coat a frying pan)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and dry spinach.
Coat frying pan with coconut oil and put on medium heat. Once it melts, put spinach in frying pan and cook spinach until wilted.



While cooking spinach, mix eggs, yeast, salt and pepper.  Once spinach is wilted, remove from heat and add to egg mixture.

Coat pie plate with coconut oil and pour in egg mixture. Place in preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.






Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin
Serves 4-6

3-4 lbs. Pork Tenderloin
1 pkg. bacon (preferably nitrite-free)
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. In 9x13 pan, lay out uncooked bacon strips vertically across the wide side of the pan.  Place tenderloin on top of the bacon,in the center of the pan.  Starting from the left, wrap bacon slices around tenderloin.  Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of wrapped tenderloin. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until center of tenderloin is light pink.




If you'd like to see more recipes like these, please let me know what kinds and I'll happily post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment