Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Made my weight loss goal and other Day 3 musings

I want to start off by saying that the last few days as done a lot to show me that I don't know nearly as much about food/nutrition as I thought I did.  I've always been told that a high-fiber, low-fat diet is the best way to lose weight.  For me, not only was that wrong, but there is some dangerous logic in that type of diet.

Wheat and dairy in most forms, cause an inflammatory response throughout the body. Which is not helpful when you're trying to lose weight.  If you have a chance, you should google either "Wheat Belly Diet" or Dr. William Davis and read why we're fat and getting fatter.

The best news and first positive to come out of the 30 Day Paleo challenge is that in the first three days, I've been able to shed the last 5 pounds that was just not coming off.  I'm excited, but find myself conflicted.  I'm conflicted because I"m concerned that I might continue to lose weight and I don't think it would be healthy to do so. When all is said and done, I'm glad to be back to my 'fighting weight' again :)

The only downside of this challenge is that I'm EXTREMELY tired today.  I've felt like I needed a nap most of the day. Nothing seems to be helpful. The only thing that I've done differently is have a smoothie for breakfast and not my normal eggs & bacon.  Also,  I didn't sleep well last night.  At any rate, I'm thankful for this challenge and the things it's forcing me to face that aren't helpful to my well being.

Have any of you experience these symptoms in the first few days of "going Paleo"?

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat. I think it's our bodies having some kind of a "withdraw" from the chemicals we're used to eating. It should get better over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree with that. I'm also carrying a lot of stress right now because my daughter is graduating from high school later this month.

      I have noticed a marked improvement in my mood and somewhat in my energy level. The best part is that it seems my "meat and potatoes" husband is slowing being converted to this way of eating.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the loss! Keep strong and those sugar cravings will lessen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm really excited to see what other positive changes this challenge brings :)

      Delete